Friday, July 1, 2016

Life Gets in the Way

As the title says, life often gets in the way of good intentions. I cannot believe that it has been so  long since I have published a post on this blog. Shame on me.

With new energy, I intend to once again move forward in promoting women's history. Although most of my research, published works and lectures/workshops are on the women of the Great Migration, I will be adding presentations aout women from other times. 

Presently, I am using an article I did for the Cape Cod Genealogical Society on women in the Civil War as a basis for a workshop, entitled "From Where Comes Courage."

When I set out to research two women on opposing sides of the Civil War, I chose Sarah Edmonds and Loreta Velasquez because there were many researchers who totally debunked their accounts as untrue. I have found that where there is a story, there is usually at least a grain of truth to be found.


I will be presenting this workshop as part of the Osterville Library's summer historical series on the Civil War. Please check "Upcoming Presentations Page" for details.


Any questions, please email me at aliceplouchardstelzer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment